NEWS: One morning in November 12, 2020

After of two weeks of no postcards arriving iin my mailbox, I became restless. I decided to arrange a postcard swap with another postcard collector in Butterworth on mainland Penang so that there will be a postcard in my mailbox soon.

Well, I used two postcards of Universit Sains Malaysia, Sungai Dua, Penang island campus postcard that I have bought at the university convenience store in 2016. Back in 2017 when I visited Universiti Sains Malaysia in Transkrian campus in Nibong Tebal, mainland Penang, I also cancelled using the date chop of this Transkrian campus post office at the back of both postcards.

Not wanting to drop into a street mailbox, I drove to George Town General Post Office (Pulau Pinang Pejabat Besar) in town and mailed one postcard to myself and another postcard to the Butterworth collector using 60 sen Rukun Negara stamps in the morning of November 12, 2020.

Then on Wednesday November 18, 2020, I received this postcard mailed to myself with a nice GPO P.PINANG 12-11-2020 - Nov 12, 2020.

My Butterworth contact also received her postcard the same day Wednesday November 18, 2020.

On November 19, 2020, I received a Thailand postcard mailed using a Malaysian 50 sen stamp from Butterworth on November 13, 2020. However the cancellation was not very clear. Anyway, at least it arrived safely.











 

No comments: